The IELTS Prize is awarded to high-calibre individuals with the motivation to develop their career, and who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience.
Complete the IELTS Prize online application form and submit it together with uploaded copies of your:
1. British Council IELTS Test Report Form
2. Recent passport size photograph
3. Passport or identification document proving your residency in one of the eligible countries.
4. Special requirements certificate (if applicable)
Deadline for applications: 30 September 2021 – 12 am UK GMT
Essential eligibility criteria are that applicants must:
- be a resident in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Colombia, Egypt, Italy, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, the United Kingdom and Uzbekistan
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate study latest September 2022
- attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- register for an IELTS test with the British Council between 1 May 2020 and 15 September 2021 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application form
- have a minimum overall band score of 5.5 or higher
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by latest 1 September 2022.
Shortlisting and final selection
Shortlisting and final selection will be carried out by a panel of British Council staff. The panel will use the personal statement on the application form for shortlisting purposes so applicants should carefully check the task completion criteria on the application form.
The final selection will be done by the panel in a further round, where shortlisted candidates will need to prepare and make a presentation on a specific topic provided to them by British Council.
All applicants with special requirements will automatically be shortlisted provided that they meet essential eligibility criteria.
The personal statement is your chance to tell your story and is crucial in the shortlisting process. It should describe your reasons for applying for a particular course and in what ways you expect your study experience to make a difference to your life and those around you. Write no more than 500 words.
Full applications with the completed application form and required documents must be submitted to the British Council on this portal by 30 September 2021 – 12 am UK GMT.
No applications will be considered after the deadline.