The IELTS Prize is awarded to high-calibre individuals with the motivation to develop their career, and who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience.
Complete the IELTS Prize online application form and submit it together with uploaded copies of your:
1. IELTS Test Report Form
2. Recent passport size photograph
3. Passport or identification document proving your permanent residency in one of the eligible countries.
4. Special requirements certificate (if applicable)
Deadline for applications: 29 February 2020
Essential eligibility criteria are that applicants must:
- be a permanent resident in one of the following countries: Colombia, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates or Uzbekistan
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in academic year 2020/2021
- attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- register for an IELTS test with the British Council between January 2019 and February 2020 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application form
- have a minimum overall band score of 5
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by July 2020.
Shortlisting and final selection will be carried out by a panel of British Council staff. The panel will use the personal statement on the application form for shortlisting and selection purposes so applicants should carefully check the task completion criteria on the application form. All applicants with special requirements will automatically be shortlisted provided that they meet essential eligibility criteria.
The personal statement is your chance to tell your story and is crucial in the selection process. It should describe your reasons for applying for a particular course and in what ways you expect your study experience to make a difference to your life and those around you. Write no more than 500 words.
Full applications with the completed application form and required documents must be submitted to the British Council on this portal by 29 February 2020.
No applications will be considered after the deadline.